This section presents the efforts made by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to support citizens at various stages of their lives to ensure that they enjoy a decent life. Achieving these efforts is possible due to the integration of social welfare systems, and its services include providing orphan care, juvenile care, and elderly care. This section also sheds light on support and preventive funding programs for job seekers, social support and funding programs, financial aid for people with disabilities, marriage loan for orphans, social and family loan, residential and housing support programs, COVID-19 support programs, pension & social insurance services and family protection services.
Social Welfare Systems
Social protection system was developed according to carefully considered strategies to achieve a healthy and possible society. It is developed through MHRSD efforts; to stabilize the citizens, improve their quality of life, overcome the risks facing them, and work to maintain their economic, social, and psychological support. The Kingdom has also taken care of developing preventive programs to enhance support for individuals and society in all its categories to meet their various needs, and it has developed care and rehabilitation programs for those in need of permanent assistance, to reach a stable, balanced, and equal community building. For more details, please click here.
Beneficiaries of Social Welfare Program
- Divorced women
- People with disabilities (PWDs)
- The Elderly
- Children of unknown parentage
- Unemployed persons
- The poor and the needy
- Affected by disasters and pandemics
Social Protection programs
The program provided by the General Organization for Social Insurance and with the support of the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development takes care of the Saudi worker and his family during the period of his unemployment due to circumstances beyond his control, so that the program works to bridge the transitional gap between two jobs by providing the minimum income to provide him and his family with a decent living in addition To provide the necessary training and help him find another job.
A program that provides financial support for a year to people who are serious about looking for a job in order to motivate them to continue searching until they get sustainable jobs, and also provides them with the necessary skills and resources to ensure their joining and involvement in the labor market as necessary. You can register in the job search incentive program via the link, and register in the job difficulty incentive program via the link. You can also view the job search subsidy regulation.
"Doroob" is a national platform for e-training, and it is one of the initiatives of the Human Resources Development Fund "Hadaf" that seeks to develop the capabilities and raise the skills of the national forces, males and females, and provide them with job skills that support their obtaining a suitable job and settling in it according to the requirements of the Saudi labor market.
It is an on-the-job training program directed at Saudi male and female graduates from local and international universities. It aims to train them in governmental institutions and distinguished companies in the private sector, so that they can acquire the expertise and skills necessary to prepare them to participate in the labor market.
An academy established by the Human Resources Development Fund in 1440 AH with the aim of preparing and developing future national leaders from employees of the private sector for both sexes, and assuming them the leadership of establishments in the Kingdom. This is in order to achieve the Kingdom’s Vision 2030 (distinguished qualitative localization of leaders with the ability to plan creatively and innovate).
- Nitaqat program
It is a program to motivate establishments to localize jobs, as its main idea is based on classifying entities that employ ten or more workers into four bands (red / yellow / green / platinum) according to the percentage of their job localization, so that the least localized entities are in the red and yellow bands, while The entities with the highest localization are classified in the green and platinum ranges, noting that the entity is evaluated by comparing its performance in localization with other entities of the same category.
- Professions Localization Initiative
It is an initiative that supports raising job localization rates, as the initiative aims to localize professions based on the number of job seekers who are qualified for the profession in the event that sufficient jobs are available to cover them partially or completely in the entity affiliated with targeted labor offices, and when the establishment submits a request for a service from the Ministry of Labor and Social Development, it is stipulated that the localization rate in the entity affiliated with the targeted labor offices is higher or equal to the assumed localization rate. The targeted professions are updated and professions added to the service through ministerial decisions at specific and studied successive rates.
Productive Families Loan
A program that organizes the workflow of productive families and enables them economically to achieve self-sufficiency and improve their living frameworks by providing interest-free loans through SDB, such as obtaining Family Loan to encourage them to engage in businesses and professions on their own. To view the regulations for the work of productive families, click here.
Citizen Account Program (the needy and the most needy)
A program designed in order to protect Saudi families from the expected direct and indirect impact of various economic reforms, which may cause an additional burden on some segments of society, by redirecting government benefits to beneficiaries in a manner that leads to rational consumption, and in a way that ensures that the sums reach beneficiaries directly. You can also register in Citizen Account Program and inquire about your eligibility status in the Citizen Account Program.
Financial and social loans are disbursed to help families who care for one or more people with disabilities, orphans, or the like, whose care has been entrusted to Financial social benefits are disbursed to subsidize families that take care of one or more PWDs, orphans, or the like, whose care has been entrusted to MHRSD Social Welfare and Development Agency, and they are:
- PWDs Families
- Foster families for orphans
- Sponsorship period expired
- Providing wheelchairs for the disabled and equipping their cars
It is the amount that is paid to beneficiaries under the provisions of Social Security Law and is disbursed monthly to:
- Persons who have reached (60 years) or more
- Persons unable to work permanently for any health reason
- Persons unable to work temporarily for any health reason
- Woman without a breadwinner
- Unsupported family
You can also apply for the security pension service via link
A service provided by Ministry of Municipal & Rural Affairs & Housing targeting male and female citizens, enabling them to register in the housing support request lists without any fees to verify their eligibility to obtain housing support and then determine the eligible ones. Citizens can also calculate the amount of support that will be provided by MoMRA with regard to ready housing units, housing units under construction and real estate loan by filling in the required data in Housing Support Calculator Service.
MoMRA worked in integration and partnership with NGOs and institutions to achieve housing support by providing housing units for needy and the most needy families in society, which are covered under the auspices of MHRSD.
Pension & Social Insurance
Proceeding from the Kingdom’s keenness to provide a worthy standard of living for civil and military pensioners of Kingdom and to provide them with elements of social and economic security after they performed their role in serving the country for many years, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has issued a number of pension regulations aimed at maintaining the rights of pensioners and beneficiaries of their families, and giving them an insurance coverage to achieve what they aspire to including a decent and stable standard of living.
This service enables contributors to request retirement pension payment.
Taqdeer program is a national initiative presented by the General Organization for Social Insurance in appreciation of the retired men and women for their efforts in serving the country. The Taqdeer program is based on establishing important partnerships with many success partners to provide a variety of services to retired men and women and beneficiaries within the program’s tracks and objectives.
It is a real estate financing program owned by the Public Pension Agency and managed by Dar Al Tamleek Company - based on the Murabaha formula compatible with the provisions of Islamic Sharia. The request and desire of the beneficiary (the employee / or retiree) and then sell it to the beneficiary in installments and at a specified profit margin.
Benefits, offers and discounts for retires.
Regulates the pension rights of civil personnel who worked for government agencies and institutions and had an actual period of service that was spent on a grade in the state's general budget.
Civil Pension Services. Social insurance provides several services to civil pensioners via Civil Pension Services.
It regulates the pension rights of military personnel who worked for the armed forces, military institutions and bodies in the country, and had an actual period of service.
For Military Pension services, click Military Pension Services.
Social Insurance (Public and Private Sector)
GOSI e-services were launched in General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI) in 1393 AH (1973 AD) through the adoption of information technology to be an important part of the GOSI work, and these concepts developed over time to move GOSI to the stage we are witnessing today in which GOSI provides all its services to contributors and customers automatically. GOSI e-services application was designed to enhance the vision of GOSI in achieving social insurance with high efficiency and effectiveness, in addition to creating full integration with the other e-government services system for online registration at GOSI.
A cash donation fund established in response to the new Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, in partnership with MHRSD and General Authority for Awqaf (GAA), according to a specific mission of providing general services due to the pandemic, including relief and community services. The Fund also receives contributions from individuals and institutions and implements initiatives through accredited NGOs to reach beneficiaries and verify their needs.
Pension and Social Insurances
Social support and protection
The employer or his representative reports the injury by entering the insurance website online in the new injury field, filling in the required data, and then referring the injured person to the treatment body contracting with the social insurance.
- Occupational disability
If the percentage of disability is (50%) to (99%), then the injured person is considered the owner of a partial disability benefit, which is calculated on the basis of multiplying the percentage of this disability by the permanent total disability benefit that he could have obtained if his disability was total. Partial disability is (55%) and his average wage is (2000) riyals, so the partial disability return equals = 55% x 2000 = (1100) riyals.
- Non-occupational disability
The worker is entitled to receive a non-occupational disability pension under the following conditions:
1. That the state of disability occurs before the contributor reaches the age of sixty, and that he is employed under the scheme.
2. To have a subscription period of no less than (12) consecutive months or (18) intermittent months.
3. The state of disability must be proven by the competent medical committees within (18) months as a maximum from the date of the end of the contribution period.
This service allows reporting a work injury that occurred to one of the contributors to the designated treatment facility or to the competent insurance office
This service allows submitting a request for payment of occupational disability benefits
This service allows submitting a request for payment of non-occupational disability benefits
This service allows the heirs' dues to be paid
The entity that protects people from domestic violence in any form of exploitation, such as physical, psychological, sexual abuse, or any threats committed by a person against another, thus exceeding the limits of his guardianship, authority or responsibility because of their family relationship, maintenance relationship, sponsorship, guardianship or dependency on living. For more details about General Department of Family Protection, click here.
Family Protection Services or Filling a Report:
The Ministry contributes to raising the level of protection laws and its mechanism, and works to raise awareness among members of society about abuse and its consequences and to address behavioral phenomena in society. You can also view Integrated Guide to Domestic Violence, its forms, and measure its severity
The developed social security program supports families and groups most in need, and this includes the support provided to the family in the event of a change in the number of its members and the addition of new children to the program, so that the amount of support provided to the family increases in the social security program, the food support program, the electricity subsidy program ... and other programs, according to the increase in the number of children added to the family in the developed social security program.
Support and assistance is also provided to children with disabilities through the registration service in day care centers, which aims to improve the quality of children with disabilities and their families, integrate them socially, develop the child’s performance in skills, overcome difficulties and behaviors, and become self-reliant through a professional rehabilitation entity.
- Working women have the right to apply for maternity leave by applying for the sick leave service on the Masar platform.
- A working woman, in the event that she does not obtain all her rights in maternity leave, can apply to the grievance service to file a complaint or grievance.
- A working woman has the right to maternity leave for the four weeks preceding the probable date of childbirth, and the six weeks following it. The probable date of childbirth is determined by the facility doctor, or by virtue of a medical certificate certified by a health authority. Employment of women is prohibited during the six weeks immediately following childbirth.
- The employer must pay the working woman, during her absence from her work during maternity leave, the equivalent of half of her wages, if she has had one year or more service with the employer, and the full wages if her service period reaches three years or more on the day the leave begins. The wages shall not be paid to her during her annual leave. Ordinary leave if she has benefited in the same year from maternity leave with full pay, and half of her wages shall be paid during the annual leave if she has benefited in the same year from maternity leave with half pay.
- The employer shall provide medical care to the working woman during pregnancy and childbirth.
- The working woman has the right, when she returns to her work after maternity leave, to take a period or periods of rest for the purpose of breastfeeding her newborn, the total of which does not exceed an hour per day, in addition to the rest periods granted to all workers, and this period or periods shall be calculated from the actual working hours. It results in a pay cut
- A working woman whose husband dies is entitled to leave with full pay for a period of no less than fifteen days from the date of death.
- Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development (MHRSD)
- Social Welfare and Family Agency
- MHRSD Social Security Agency
- Community Development Agency
- General Department of Family Protection
- General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI)
- Social Development Bank
- Ministry of Municipal Rural Affairs and Housing
All the electronic services provided by the Ministry to help those concerned quickly complete their transactions
Regulations and Procedures
Work organizing regulations aim to regulate the internal environment in establishments by adopting regulations
Frequently Asked Questions
The most frequently asked questions about topics that interest you
Modern design of user interfaces, which is consistent with the identity and logo of the Ministry, which provides an easy, clear and direct user journey
A multi-technology help center, whether through instant communication or raising and following up requests
customization of services
Customize the interface and services in accordance with user behavior, to ensure a rich and effective experience
Through the service provision channel by pressing the Start Service button
A program launched by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development in 2013, that enables the establishments to submit the wage files of their workers, monitors the rates of commitment and violations, and addresses justifications. The system targets all private sector establishments and is applied gradually to them according to specific stages.
- Basic Wage: All that is given to a worker for his/her work by virtue of a written or unwritten employment contract regardless of the kind of wage or its method of payment, in addition to periodic increments.
- Actual Wage: The basic wage plus all other due increments decided for a worker for the effort the worker exerts at work or for risks he encounters in the course of performing his/her work, or those decided for the worker for the work under the employment contract or work organization regulation. It includes:
- The commission or percentage from sales or profits paid against what the worker markets, produces, collects, or the increased or enhanced production.
- Allowances the worker is entitled to for exerted effort or risks he encounters while performing his/her job.
- Increments that may be granted in accordance with the standard of living or to meet family expenses.
- Grants or Rewards: Payments made by the employer to a worker for honesty or efficiency and the like, if such grant or reward is stipulated in the employment contract or the work organization regulation of the firm, or if it is customarily granted to the extent that workers consider it part of the wage rather than a donation.
- In rem privileges: What the employer commits itself to provide to the worker for his/her work by stating the same in the employment contract or the work organization regulation, and it is estimated at maximum of two months basic wage per annum, unless it is otherwise estimated to exceed that in the employment contract or the work organization regulation.
Expressing the desire not to renew the contract may not be deemed a resignation. It is a right guaranteed to both parties. If the employment contract stipulates that a notice of desire not to renew shall be served a specified period before the end of the contract, the notice shall then be served. Otherwise, if the party, who desire not to renew, violates such specified period to notify the other party, the affected party is entitled to adhere to renew the contract.
Access to services
Human resources and social development services at your fingertips
Show the services related to the beneficiary
Follow up on your requests
View your order details and get notifications of the latest updates
Contact the ministry
Express your thoughts
Contact us so that we can help you with domestic violence reports and the call center
Check your data in one place
Digital identity verification in integration with the national unified sign-on
View your personal data and employment history
Get access to your digital cards, which are available for the first time for people with special needs, to benefit from traffic facilities, travel discounts and priority at health centers
Meeting the needs of all beneficiaries in line with different age groups and people with special needs
To improve the contractual relationship between the worker and employer, to ensure the workers’ rights, and to ensure that the wages are paid as agreed upon in the employment contract.
- A- Daily-paid workers: Their wages are paid at least once a week.
B- Monthly- paid workers: Their wages shall be paid once a month.
C- If the work is done by the piecework and requires a period of more than two weeks, the employee shall receive a payment each week commensurate with the completed portion of the work. The balance of the wage shall be paid in full during the week following delivery of the work.
D- In other cases, the wages shall be paid to the worker at least once a week.
- No provisions included in the Law, deeming the restructure or the financial conditions of the establishment itself to be among the cases, in which the contract is terminated, unless the contract is terminated in accordance with any of the other cases mentioned in Article (74) of the Saudi Labor Law, or is terminated by either party under Articles (80) and (81), as the case may be. If the termination is not made in accordance with any of the above-mentioned articles, the party affected by termination shall be entitled to compensation for the termination of the contract for illegal reason.
- In accordance with Article (77) of the Saudi Labor Law, stipulating that unless the contract includes specific compensation for the termination by either party for an invalid reason, the party affected by termination shall be entitled to compensation as follows:
- For non-fixed term contracts: an amount equivalent to fifteen-day wage for each year of the worker’s employment.
- For fixed-term contracts: the wage for the remainder of the contract term.
- The compensation referred to in paragraphs (1) and (2) of this Article shall not be less than the worker’s wage for two months. Furthermore, the worker is entitled to end of service reward in accordance with Article (84) and to a wage for the unused leaves in accordance with Article (111) of the Saudi Labor Law.
The fixed-term contract may be terminated in the following cases:
1- If both parties agree to terminate it, provided that the worker’s consent is in writing.
2- If the term specified in the contract expires, without having the contract been explicitly renewed in accordance with the provisions of this Law, the contract shall remain valid until the expiry of its term.
4- When the worker reaches the age of retirement.
6- Permanent closure of the firm.
7- Termination of the line of business for which the worker is employed, unless agreed otherwise.
8-Any other case provided for by any other law.
If the termination is not made in accordance with any of the above-mentioned Articles, the termination is deemed invalid. Therefore, the party affected by termination shall be entitled to compensation for the termination of the fixed- term contract before its expiry for illegal reason.