Empowering people with special needs
Empowering People with Disabilities (PWDs)
Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development (MHRSD) seeks to enable people with disabilities to obtain suitable job opportunities and education that guarantee their independence and integration as active members of society, and to provide the same with all facilities and instruments that help them achieve success and invest the latent energies in proportion to their abilities and potentials through diversity in the fields of vocational internship in line with the capabilities and needs of each group and the exploitation of medical, social, psychological, educational and vocational services to assist PWDs in achieving the maximum possible degree of functional effectiveness, with the aim of enabling the same to comply with the requirements of his natural and social environment, as well as developing his abilities to be self-reliant and make him a productive member of society as much as possible.
Programs & Initiatives
- Home Social Rehabilitation Care Program for People with Disabilities, the Elderly and the Bedridden, where the preventive and social services that they need in their family and social environment were provided with the aim of improving their personal capabilities to achieve independence and self-reliance, in addition to disbursement of monthly financial aid and medical devices to PWDs.
- Providing digital certificate to reduce passenger wages on public transportation, digital certificates for traffic centers, and digital certification for autism disorder to PWDs.
- Providing visa exemption program for PWDs.
Mowaamah is one of MHRSD programs; launched in the implementation of the Kingdom's strategy for the rights of PWDs. Mowaamah aims to enable PWDs to obtain suitable job opportunities, and provide them with all facilities and instruments that help them achieve success. In addition, motivating enterprises in the private sector to provide an appropriate work environment for PWDs, according to specific criteria and requirements that enables the enterprise to obtain the necessary license to employ them.
Within the Comprehensive Access Program, the King Salman Center for Disability Research has adopted the preparation of the necessary guides and regulations to create the urban environment, transportation and public places to facilitate the movement of people with disabilities. These evidence are:
- Guideline for Universal Access in Land Transport: This guide has been developed based on accepted international standards and practices that include facilities and buildings. This guide is intended for planners, engineers, as well as decision makers in this sector.
- Guideline for Universal Access in Maritime Transport: This guide was developed based on accepted international standards and practices that included facilities and buildings. This guide is intended for planners, engineers, as well as decision makers in this sector.
- Guideline for comprehensive access in the built environment: This guide was developed based on accepted international standards and practices that included facilities and buildings. This guide targets architects, engineers, interior designers, as well as decision makers in this sector.
- Guideline for Comprehensive Access to Tourist Destinations and Accommodation Sectors: It is a supplementary guide for tourism that is used as a tool for tourism service providers, and all those working in the tourism sector, to obtain specific information related to information related to tourism.
- A special travel guide for people with disabilities: The General Authority of Civil Aviation has issued a special travel guide for people with disabilities, with the aim of providing them with full support and protecting their rights at the Kingdom’s airports.
- The simplified guide to universal access standards for educational, health, governmental and other facilities
Social Rehabilitation Centers
كل ما تقدمه الوزارة من خدمات إلكترونية لمساعدة المعنين بسرعة لإنجاز معاملاتهم
Regulations and Procedures
لوائح تنظيم العمل تهدف إلى تنظيم البيئة الداخلية في المنشآت من خلال اعتماد لوائح تنظيم
اكثر الأسئلة شيوعا حول مواضيع تهمك
Modern design of user interfaces, which is consistent with the identity and logo of the Ministry, which provides an easy, clear and direct user journey
A multi-technology help center, whether through instant communication or raising and following up requests
customization of services
Customize the interface and services in accordance with user behavior, to ensure a rich and effective experience
Through the service provision channel by pressing the Start Service button
No, you cannot applied for this service without upload your medical report.
The people with disability.
The accepted file formats are (JPG, JPEG, and PDF).
Access to services
Human resources and social development services at your fingertips
Show the services related to the beneficiary
Follow up on your requests
View your order details and get notifications of the latest updates
Contact the ministry
Express your thoughts
Contact us so that we can help you with domestic violence reports and the call center
Check your data in one place
Digital identity verification in integration with the national unified sign-on
View your personal data and employment history
Get access to your digital cards, which are available for the first time for people with special needs, to benefit from traffic facilities, travel discounts and priority at health centers
Meeting the needs of all beneficiaries in line with different age groups and people with special needs
The applying steps described in details on the user guide for this service.
The people with disability.
Please review the handbook of service.
- It is an electronic service, which enables people with disability who currently registered as beneficiaries to apply for the “Financial subsidy service for people with disability.” to get a monthly subsidy according to the terms and conditions.